Future is absolutely unpredictable unless you’re from the world of magic and stuff. Nobody knows when they will bump into situations of losing all the contacts, messages, call logs on their Android devices. In this digital age, losing important data is like losing a huge pile of treasure and we better secure our data before we regret our laziness. Google usually syncs important data like contacts, calendar events and other Google services data to the cloud. So, you don’t need to worry about your contacts and calendar events on your Android device unless you disabled Google sync.
However, SMS and call logs are the usual prey in case of unexpected data loss but unfortunately the inbuilt Google backup feature doesn’t backup them. So, you’ve to look for some 3rd party apps that can backup more than just contacts. Today we will see a light weight app which will backup nearly every important data on your device. Super Backup is a tiny app that assists you to backup and restore all your APKs, SMS, contacts, call logs, calendar events and bookmarks.
If you’re rooted, the Super backup app will also backup the app’s data to your SDcard which can be later restored. You can also schedule backups on your device and upload them to Google Drive and the best part is that the app is absolutely free. However, if you like the app and want to get rid of the annoying ads, you can consider buying the pro version which is priced at $1.99.
- Backup apps to SD card
- Backup & restore app’s data (need root)
- Batch restore apps from SD card (need root)
- Backup & restore Contacts, SMS, Call logs, Bookmarks, Calendars to SD card
- Select SMS conversations to backup
- Schedule automatic backups
- Auto upload scheduled backup files to your Google Drive or Gmail
Super backup is simply amazing to backup your data, right? So, without any further ado, download the Super backup app from the download link below.
How to Backup & Restore Data using Super Backup
If you’re using the app for first time, you’ll get a prompt on the screen to set the default backup path on your SD card. Once you set the default path, you can backup your data individually using separate menus. For instance, to backup your SMS:
- Select SMS Backup option from the main menu.
- Tap on the Backup option.
- Enter the name for the backup file or just tap on OK to start the backup with default name.
To restore the SMS from the SDcard, follow the below procedure.
- To restore the SMS from the SDcard, you need to set Super Backup as the default SMS app.
- Then simply tap the Restore option.
- Select the backup file which and click on the OK button to restore the app
In the similar fashion, you can backup other data on your device from the main menu.
How to send to cloud?
- Select the Google drive option next to settings on the top to link your account.
- Once Google account is linked, Select contacts backup option on the screen.
- Tap on the send to cloud option.
- Select the backup file from the list.
- Click Ok to start uploading the backup file to your cloud storage.
How to delete backup?
- Tap on the Contacts Backup option.
- Select Delete Backup option from the list.
- Select the backup file to be deleted.
- Click OK to delete the backup file.
Similarly apps, SMS, call logs, calendars, bookmarks backups can be deleted.
That’s all! It’s a great app to backup important data on your device, right?. If you find our tutorial useful, kindly share this tutorial with others using the share buttons below. Remember, Sharing is Caring!