Android has changed the way we live our lives. Smartphones are no longer a precious possession, they have become a basic necessity in our daily chores. The world is changing rapidly, as we say “Necessity is the mother of invention”. With the increasing demand for the smarter apps, more and more developers are putting their time and effort to make apps that make our work easier. One such necessity is the ability to control or access your Android smartphone from your PC.
Most of us who work on desktops or laptops find it more irritating to use the mobile simultaneously as it involves unlocking the device and navigating though a series of options to get things done. How about an app that helps you to control your Android smartphone from your PC? Well as said above necessity is the mother of invention, this necessity has led to the creation of AirDroid app.
Airdroid app is one of the most popular Android app on the Google Play store that lets you access your device from PC. The days of connecting your Android to PC via USB cable are gone as we now have a smart way to connect the device. AirDroid app replaces your USB cable with your web browser to transfer files, send text messages, play videos,music and manage applications on your device. It allows your Android device and PC to communicate over the network. Moreover AirDroid is completely free. Here are its best features:
- Better focused: Calls, SMS, and the app notifications you allowed, mirrored to the large computer screen you are focusing on.
- Better equipped: Type with full physical keyboard and control with a mouse. Transfer things faster without looking for a cable. Better equipment, better life.
- Better connected: Control your Android from computer and use any apps on computer, like WhatsApp, WeChat, and Line. (root required for some devices)
Here are some of the things you can do with Airdroid app on your PC:
- Send and receive text messages.
- Transfer files between your Android and PC.
- View and respond to the notifications on your phone from the PC.
- Play and manage music & videos on Android.
- Capture the screenshots.
- Control your Android device camera.
- and many more to go…
Note: Your Android device is to be connected to a local wireless network, at the very least. But, having an Internet connection is preferred if you want to enjoy more AirDroid features and options.
How To Use AirDroid App To Connect To Your PC
Using AirDroid app is pretty easier than any other apps as you don’t need to install any software counterpart on your PC. Just follow the below steps to make things go easier.
- Download and install the AirDroid app on your Android phone. Make sure you have a good internet connection and you are connected to local wireless network.
- Launch the AirDroid app on your device. You can continue to use this app even without signing in, but creating an account and signing in will allow you to use even more features. If you wish to continue without signing in , then skip step 3
- Now tap on the icon on the top of the app. Tap on the Sign up button to create a new account. Fill in the email id , password, nickname and tap on the SIGN UP button. You can also sign up with your Google+, Facebook or Twitter accounts. If you have already a registered user, then enter the email id , password and tap on the SIGN IN button.
- Type the http://web.airdroid.com URL in your web browser and enter the login details. If you are using the app without signing in, then scan the QR code or type the IP address shown in the app below the URL in the web browser. A request notification will appear on your device, tap on the Accept button to grant permission to connect your device.
Once your device is connected to AirDroid, you can now manage your Android device right from your desktop’s Web browser. You can now manage data on your Android device such as your messages, contacts, call logs, ringtones, media files, and your apps.
That’s simple to manage your Android device with wireless connection. Isn’t it?
So, what are you waiting for? Just go ahead and try this app. Download the AirDroid app from the Google Playstore link below:
Share Your Experience:
That’s all! So, how’s this smart app? Doesn’t it look cool and awesome? Share this with your friends and check out who captures a perfect shot with the app. Remember, Sharing is Caring!