It is Cyanogen which is the world’s best development source for Android. They’ve been around ever since Android existed, and are expected to be the soul-keepers of Android if something were to happen to Google itself. A very stock-based, and clean experience is what you get when using a CyanogenMod running device. Not only that, but powerful customization tricks would be on your fingertips.
On the other side of the story, there’s the LG G4, with its infamous UI, which is persistent to lag. The device is pretty good with it’s classy looks and cutting-edge specs but on the front-end UI perspective, it is just like any other device. The best thing has just happened to the LG G4 which is the CM 12.1 nightlies that comes with a lot of features and can be considered as a stable build which is good as a daily driver. We now have a complete guide n how to flash CyanogenMod 12.1 on LG G4 H815!
Rooting a device and installing custom modules is deemed hazardous and you might end up with a bricked device in worst case scenario. Warranty may be void of your device either temporarily or permanently if you follow the procedure in this tutorial. You alone are responsible for the consequences, we won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device even though we’re confident that the process works and is tested by many users. However, you can reach us for assistance in the comments section.
- Charge your device above 60% to make sure it doesn’t die in the middle of the process which may be fatal sometimes.
- Ensure that you have a LG G4 which is already rooted, and with a Custom Recovery installed. If you don’t have root or recovery, follow our guide → Click here for Guide
- Make sure to take a nandroid backup of your device and a backup of internal memory too (just in case). Flashing this ROM on your Moto G (2014) will require you to wipe off everything from your device.
- Download the latest CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM for LG G4 → Download Link
- Download Open GApps (Choose ARM64 5.1 nano) → Download Link
Step-By-Step Installation Guide
- Download the CM 12.1 flashable zip file from the downloads section above and transfer it to the root of your device’s storage.
- Boot your device into recovery mode. To do this:
- Switch off your LG G4.
- Now press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see the Recovery UI on your device.
- Once you see the Recovery UI, you can let go of the two buttons.
- Once you boot into the recovery, you will have a look at many options. First, we have to clean wipe your current system partition to make way for your new ROM.
- Tap on the option which reads ‘Wipe‘, and then tap on ‘Advanced Wipe‘. From in there, select the following options shown in the screenshot below. Do not select the option which reads ‘Internal Storage‘ at any cost, as it will wipe off EVERYTHING, including your ROM file. Note: If you’re just updating an existing ROM, you can just wipe the cache and dalvik cache. So, you can have your data after the update.
- Once the wipe has been successfully done, head back to the menu, and this time tap on the option which says ‘Install‘. Why you’re choosing this is pretty self-explanatory.
- Browse and select the downloaded zip file in your phone. Swipe on the “Swipe to confirm flash” button to start flashing the zip file. Refer to the screenshots below for better inference.
- Similarly, flash the GApps file package, and you’re good to go!
Share Your Experience:
That’s all! Reach us in the comments section below for any queries or assistance regarding the process in the tutorial. Also, do suggest any modifications or additions to this simple guide, your feedback is important to improve our content and services.
If you find our tutorial useful, kindly share this tutorial with others using the share buttons below. Remember, Sharing is Caring!