There is a reason as to why people love Android. Its open-source nature allows many developers to port ROMs from here to there, and vice-versa. In fact, there is no other mobile operating system which is as customizable as Android. Flagship devices like OnePlus One will lead the fleet with a wide range of mods and ROMs that completely give a new look to your device. OnePlus One is the Chinese marvel which ruled the roost last year with premium specs at a pocket friendly price tag.
Coming to the custom ROMs, Xiaomi’s MIUI is one of the most successful after-market ROM that packs some really amazing features. Following the footpath of iOS, and maintaining the Android feel and freedom, the latest MIUI 7 is the best from Xiaomi. If you coincidentally own a OnePlus One, and really feel the urge to flash this heck of a ROM, then we’ve got a workaround to install MIUI V7 on your OnePlus One.
- Ensure that you have a OnePlus One which is already rooted, and with a Custom Recovery installed. To do so, follow our guide for detailed steps on how to Unlock its bootloader, flash TWRP recovery and finally root it. It has been linked above.
- You need the ROM file in order to flash MIUI. Download.
- Make sure to take a nandroid backup of your device and a backup of internal memory too (just in case). Flashing MIUI on your OnePlus One will require you to wipe off everything from your device.
- Also, since this MIUI ROM doesn’t come pre-loaded with any of the Google Apps, you’ll need to flash it manually: pa_gapps-modular-full-4.4.4.ZIP
How To Flash MIUI 7 On OnePlus One
- Download and transfer the MIUI ROM file with the Zip extension that you downloaded earlier, to your OnePlus One.
- Boot your device into recovery mode. To do this:
- Switch off your OnePlus One.
- Now press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see the Recovery UI on your device.
- Once you see the Recovery UI, you can let go of the two buttons.
- Now we should do a full wipe on your device. To do this:
- In the recovery menu, tap on Wipe option and select Advanced wipe.
- Check the dalvik-cache, system, data and cache partitions from the list.
- Now swipe the “Swipe to wipe” bar to wipe the selected partitions.
- Navigate back to main menu and tap the Install button, and find and locate the MIUI ROM file that you’ve downloaded and transferred earlier on your OnePlus One.
- Select it, and swipe to flash the ROM.
- Wait for a moment until the flashing process is done.
- Now’s the time to flash the Gapps ZIP file. To do so, tap on Install, and find and locate the Gapps file (pa_gapps-modular-full-4.4.4.ZIP).
- Now, select it, and swipe to confirm the flash. This might take a moment or two.
- Once done, reboot your freshly flashed OnePlus One. Note that the first boot might take up to 5 minutes.
That’s all! Reach us in the comments section below for any queries or assistance regarding the process in the tutorial. Also, do suggest any modifications or additions to this simple guide, your feedback is important to improve our content and services.
If you find our tutorial useful, kindly share this tutorial with others using the share buttons below. Remember, Sharing is Caring!