OnePlus X is the new offering that OnePlus has in the line of budget devices. Just finishing up the release of their new flagship killer, OnePlus has yet again rocked the smartphone industry by handing down a phone to its consumers which comes at an astonishing rate of $250. Not only does it has one of the best specifications in line, but the real imprint is all about the beautiful glass design.
The new device reportedly just got an unofficial TWRP recovery package, and we’re here to smooth out the work for you all by guiding our readers on how to flash TWRP on OnePlus X. However, you’d first need an unlocked bootloader, and in order to do that, follow our detailed guide linked below.
Rooting a device and installing custom modules is deemed hazardous and you might end up with a bricked device in worst case scenario. Warranty may be void of your device either temporarily or permanently if you follow the procedure in this tutorial. You alone are responsible for the consequences, we won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device even though we’re confident that the process works and is tested by many users. However, you can reach us for assistance in the comments section.
- Charge your device above 60% to make sure it doesn’t die in the middle of the process which may be fatal sometimes.
- Make a backup of everything on your device so that you can restore the files if something goes wrong. Here’s the usual checklist:
- Install proper drivers on your PC. If you haven’t installed them already, you can follow our detailed USB driver installation guide.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot files on your PC. If you don’t know how, follow our detailed guide on how to setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Prepare your device:
- Enable developer options: Go to your device’s Settings » About phone » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Go to your device’s Settings » Developer options » tick the “USB debugging” check-box (sometimes listed as Android Debugging)
- Download the latest TWRP recovery for the OnePlus X → Download Link
Step-By-Step Installation Guide
- Connect your OnePlus X device to PC via USB cable.
- Open the command prompt in your PC and type the below command to confirm your device was detected by the PC.
If everything is good, a message will appear “List of devices attached” along with your device’s serial number. If your device is not visible, then try reconnecting your device again and type the above command.
- Now type the below command in the command prompt to enter into fastboot/bootloader mode on your device.
adb reboot bootloader
- Download the TWRP file from the download section above and rename the downloaded image file to recovery.img for convenience.
- Navigate to the path where you’ve placed the TWRP image and open a command prompt in that folder by pressing Shift + Right click in any empty space inside the folder, and select Open command window here from the Windows context menu.
- Now type the below command to flash TWRP recovery on your device.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now you can reboot the device using the below command.
That’s it. Now you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your device.
That’s all! Reach us in the comments section below for any queries or assistance regarding the process in the tutorial. Also, do suggest any modifications or additions to this simple guide, your feedback is important to improve our content and services.
If you find our tutorial useful, kindly share this tutorial with others using the share buttons below. Remember, Sharing is Caring!