The Galaxy S7 is the current flagship smartphone from Samsung released a few days back. It’s obvious that it comes with the latest version of Android i.e., Marshmallow (v6.0.1) and also packs a lot of cool goodies from Samsung. Users who are using Samsung’s previous flagships Galaxy S6 and the latest Note 5 (both standard and Edge Versions) must be curious to try some of the Galaxy S7 apps and features on their devices. Galaxy S6 and Note 5 were already updated to the Android Marshmallow (v6.0.1) but Galaxy S7 still has to offer some of its apps.
Luckily, Albe95, a developer from XDA developers has broken the code and ported the Galaxy S7 apps to the Galaxy S6 & Note 5 devices. Not0 all the apps are ported but they are enough for your amusement. To get the Galaxy S7 ported apps on your Galaxy S6 and Note 5, you need to be on the latest Android Marshmallow (v6.0.1). However, some of the apps are confirmed working on Android Lollipop as well.
Galaxy S7’s popular Always ON feature is not included in this package, but you can download similar apps like Glance Plus from the Play Store for free. The Always-On Display feature requires a lot of kernel tweaks to make it work on the Galaxy S6 and Note 5, so it may be available sometime in the future.
Note: If you don’t have TWRP, unpack the zip and put the APK in /system/priv-app/ with correct permissions (rw-r-r), then reboot. If you’re on stock ROM, delete the arm folder as well.
- S7 Galaxy Labs → Download | Mirror (Flash from TWRP)
- S7 Game Launcher → Download | Mirror (Flash from TWRP)
- S7 Weather Widget → Download (Flash from TWRP)
- S7 Wallpaper Picker → Download | Mirror (Flash from TWRP)
- S7 Galaxy Apps and Widget → Download | Mirror (Both 6.0.1 and 5.1.1, extract the APK from Zip and Install as Normal APK)
- S7 Theme Store → Download for 6.0.1 (Mirror) | Download for 5.1.1 (Mirror) (Install as normal APK)
How to Install Galaxy S7 Ported Apps on Galaxy S6 and Note 5
Most of the apps are readily available to install while other apps are packaged in a flashable Zip format, so you can simply install the using these steps:
- Download the apps and move it to your device’s storage.
- Boot into recovery mode on your device.
- Power off your device and wait until it’s completely turned off.
- Press and hold Power + Home + Volume Up buttons together and release them as soon as you see the Galaxy logo on the screen.
- In TWRP menu, select Install which will take you to an inbuilt file manager. Select the zip file using the file manager.
- Once selecting the Zip, the recovery will ask for the confirmation to install the zip. Swipe to confirm the flash.
- Similarly, flash all the apps you wish to install on your device.
- After the apps are flashed, you’ll get an option to reboot the device or get back to the main menu. Select Reboot to boot into your device.
That’s all! Reach us in the comments section below for any queries or assistance regarding the process in the tutorial. Also, do suggest any modifications or additions to this simple guide, your feedback is important to improve our content and services.
If you find our tutorial useful, kindly share this tutorial with others using the share buttons below. Remember, Sharing is Caring!