Having trouble connecting your Samsung Android device to the PC? Well, you’re not the first and you won’t be last. The reason for your misery is most probably a driver related issue which could be easily solved by installing proper drivers on your PC. A USB driver is a piece of software on the computer end which will successfully establish a connection between your Android device and the PC. Lucky for you, installing Samsung USB drivers on your PC is extremely simple and we’ll show you how.
Samsung USB drivers can be installed on your PC using two methods, first being the installation of Samsung USB drivers executable package itself and the other being the installation of Samsung Kies on your PC which is less preferable given that most of us hate it. Nevertheless it’s a sure shot at getting the job done, so we’re including it as well in case you’re still facing connection issues after following first method.
HOW TO INSTALL SAMSUNG USB DRIVERS
Before proceeding with the installation of Samsung USB drivers on your PC, let’s first clean your computer of any previous drivers that haven’t been completely uninstalled. Partially leftover drivers might conflict with the new drivers and cause connection problems. So, to make sure we’re on the safer side, let’s follow the below drill:
- Disconnect your device from the PC.
- Uninstall any previous drivers installed for your device on your PC or better move back to a restore point before installing any such drivers.
- Reboot your PC after the above task.
After this usual drill, you’re all set to install Samsung USB drivers on your PC. Follow either of the two driver installation methods discussed below to successfully connect your device to the PC.
METHOD 1: DRIVER INSTALLER FILE
This is the most simple and efficient method for installing Samsung USB drivers on your PC. In this method, all you need to do is to grab the driver installer file from below and install it on your PC. If you’re not sure, follow the below steps
- Download the driver setup file from the link above.
- Double click/run the setup file on your Windows PC to begin the drivers installation.
- Reboot the PC for the changes to take place.
- Now connect your Samsung Android device to the PC and it should automatically detect your device.
METHOD 2: SAMSUNG KIES
Samsung Kies 3 is the Samsung’s own software for managing your Android device while connected to the PC. So, this little piece of software would take care of installing the device drivers on your PC without any worries. So, simply follow the below instructions:
- Connect your device to your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Kies 3 → Download link
- The download package is a standalone installer but it sometimes ask for additional files to be downloaded for proper functioning, so let it download them.
- Once installation is finished, your Samsung device should be detected by the PC without any issues.
However, if you’re still facing issues, try the below trick in Kies software:
- Open Kies 3 software on your PC.
- Go to Tools and select the Reinstall device driver option.
- You’ll get a popup message to confirm re-installation of drivers on the PC. Click on Reinstall button.
- Select Yes on the next popup to confirm installation of new drivers on your PC.
This should usually do the trick and the device drivers on your PC should be 100% working. If you’re still facing issues connecting your Samsung device to the PC, it might not be only be a drivers issue. Try the below troubleshooting tips to sort things out:
That’s all! Reach us in the comments section below for any queries or assistance regarding the process in the tutorial. Also, do suggest any modifications or additions to this wonderful guide, your feedback is important to improve our content and services.
If you find our tutorial useful, kindly share this tutorial with others using the share buttons below. Remember, Sharing is Caring!