Samsung is popular for its Galaxy range of Android smartphones which come with cutting edge specs and great performance. Apart from the hardware of the devices, Samsung is very keen about the software and security in their devices. Its powerful processor, 3GB of RAM and a QHD display, makes the flagship phone invincible. Even though Samsung is good at pushing update to fix any glitch in its firmware, the manufacturer seems to have left behind quite a few bugs like auto brightness bug in Galaxy S6 Edge and some of its other flagships.a
The auto brightness bug however, occurs only in Galaxy S6 Edge. The Galaxy S6 Edge has a nasty bug where the light sensor still controls the brightness, even when auto-brightness is disabled. But thanks to efforts by XDA Senior Member ultimatewaffel, a fix is available for selected firmware variants of the phone. All you need to do is replace the services.jar file with a modified one available in the downloads section. However, this needs your device to be rooted as you need to modify a file in the system partition.
- Galaxy S6 Edge
- OJ5 G925F DEODEXED ROMS(UNTESTED)
- OI9 G925F DEODEXED ROMS
- OI1/OI2 G925F DEODEXED ROMS
- OI7 G925F DEODEXED ROMS
- OH8 G925F DEODEXED ROMS
- OH2 G925F DEODEXED ROMS
- OGG G925F DEODEXED ROMS(UNTESTED)
- OE3 G925F DEODEXED ROMS
- OH1 G925P Sprint DEODEXED ROMS
- OFE G925P Sprint DEODEXED ROMS
- OF8 G925T T-Mobile DEODEXED ROMS(UNTESTED)
- Galaxy S6 Edge+
- OGJ G928F DEODEXED ROMS (UNTESTED)
- OH3/OH4 G928F DEODEXED ROMS
Note: In case, If you do not run any of the builds listed here, then you can send a request for the services.jar file to the developer.
- Make a backup of everything on your device so that you can restore the files if something goes wrong. Here’s the usual checklist:
- Root your Galaxy S6 Edge devices pre-hand. If you haven’t rooted your device yet, follow our guide for rooting Galaxy S6 Edge devices.
- Galaxy S6 Edge
- OJ5 G925F DEODEXED ROMS(UNTESTED) | Download
- OI9 G925F DEODEXED ROMS | Download
- OI1/OI2 G925F DEODEXED ROMS | Download
- OI7 G925F DEODEXED ROMS | Download
- OH8 G925F DEODEXED ROMS | Download
- OH2 G925F DEODEXED ROMS | Download
- OGG G925F DEODEXED ROMS(UNTESTED) | Download
- OE3 G925F DEODEXED ROMS | Download
- OH1 G925P Sprint DEODEXED ROMS | Download
- OFE G925P Sprint DEODEXED ROMS | Download
- OF8 G925T T-Mobile DEODEXED ROMS(UNTESTED) | Download
- Galaxy S6 Edge+
How To Fix Auto Brightness Bug On Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Download the services.jar file from the above download section for your build.
- Download any root file manager of your choice from the Google Play Store and install it on your device. We recommend you to download the Root browser app from below link.
- Now navigate to system/framework on your device. You will find services.jar file in that folder. Its better to have a backup of this original file, so just don’t replace it with the downloaded one. Either copy it to some location or just rename the file to have backup.
- Copy the downloaded services.jar file to this system/framework folder.
- Now set the permissions to this services.jar file as rw- r- r- from the properties.
- Once you’re done with the above steps, reboot your device.
Auto brightness bug is now fixed on your device.That’s simple.Isn’t it?
Share Your Experience:
That’s all! Reach us in the comments section below for any queries or assistance regarding the process in the tutorial. Also, do suggest any modifications or additions to this simple guide, your feedback is important to improve our content and services.
If you find our tutorial useful, kindly share this tutorial with others using the share buttons below. Remember, Sharing is Caring!