WhatsApp is the most popular messaging service that has become a part of our daily lifestyle. Now dig your mind and recollect when was the last time you haven’t used WhatsApp on your smartphone. I would say a very long time back, it almost dates back to the time I don’t have a smartphone in my hand. Even though there are many alternatives to this amazing app, it’s still the best messaging app.
We share images, videos, voice messages in our chats and it’s too much to send all those memes and satirical images. But it’s too much irritating to see all these images in the gallery which puts our privacy at risk. When we are surrounded by nosy peers and peeping Toms who try to poke into our gallery, these WhatsApp images gives you a mini-headache. There are ways to lock the apps using app locking apps but it raises more eyebrows than usual.
So, today we are going to show a simple trick which will hide all the WhatsApp images from the gallery without using any other app. Follow the simple procedure given below to wave goodbye to all those annoying images in your gallery.
How to Hide WhatsApp Images from Gallery
Well it’s too simple to hide WhatsApp images from gallery. All that you need is file explorer app like ES File Explorer. Follow the below simple step by step procedure to hide the WhatsApp images and videos from gallery.
- Download the ES File Explore app from the below download link and launch the app.
- Navigate to WhatsApp folder on your device and open the Media folder.
- Now tap on the WhatsApp Images folder and click on the ‘+‘ icon in the bottom left. A dialog box will appear on the screen. In case if you wish WhatsApp images not to appear in gallery, then create a new file called “.nomedia” file (there’s a dot before nomedia).
- Select the File option and type the file name as ‘.nomedia‘. Tap on the OK button to create new file.
- Now open the gallery app and you will not find any WhatsApp images appearing in the albums.
- If you still find WhatsApp images in gallery then try to clear the cache of the gallery app. To clear the cache of gallery app, go to Settings » Apps and search for Gallery. Tap on the Clear Cache button to clear the app cache.
- If you wish to revert back the changes, delete the .nomedia file in the WhatsApp folder. Don’t panic if you can’t find nomedia file in the WhatsApp folder. All you need to do is enable hidden files option in your file manager. Tap on the little blue icon in the top left , then scroll down until you see the on/off switch for ”Show hidden files”. Turn this option on.
- Now if you go back into your WhatsApp images folder you’ll see your hidden files. Just long press the .nomedia file and delete it. Your WhatsApp images will now reappear in your gallery app.
Note: You can hide any media content on your device using this simple trick. All you need to do is to create a file called “.nomedia” and the media apps won’t scan that directory.
That’s simple isn’t it. Your privacy is now in your own hands.
Share your Experience
If you like this post and want to share your experience, feel free to share it with everyone using the comments box below. We absolutely love to hear your opinion and any suggestions or tips that might help us and our readers. Remember sharing is caring.