OnePlus has been rolling out its own flavors of Android OS after its agreement with Cyanogen came to an end. OnePlus has always been planning ahead of its rivals to make their products more desirable. After a clean hit with the Oxygen OS, OnePlus team is coming with the Hydrgen OS which is much more cooler than its predecessor. The Hydrogen OS is not launched to the OnePlus One users yet, but you grab the beta version of it if you want to have a taste of it.
You might also like:
Hydrogen OS looks more promising than Oxygen OS with its eye candy animations and materialistic designs. The OS appears to be smooth and responsive without compromising features. Similar to Oxygen OS, the Hydrogen OS also boasts stock looks with powerful features, some of which are derived from Cyanogen. The final version of the OS might vary a bit, but most of it will remian same. If you don’t want to wait until the final release, here’s a simple tutorial to install Hydrogen OS on your OnePlus One
Flashing a custom ROM is sometimes hazardous and you might end up with a bricked device in worst case scenario. Your device’s warranty might be void either temporarily or permanently. Even though the practiced method is safe and tested, there might be a chance for misfortunes. So, you alone are responsible for any consequences that might occur during the process. We shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device but we will try our best to provide assistance if you land into any trouble.
- Charge your device above 60% to make sure it doesn’t die in the middle of the process which may be fatal sometimes.
- Your device must have TWRP recovery installed on it. If you haven’t yet installed the TWRP recovery on your device, follow our definitive guide on how to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus One.
- Take a nandroid backup of your device to be on the safer side. If you don’t know how, follow our tutorial here.
Guide: Install Hydrogen OS in OnePlus One
In this guide we will provide you a step by step approach to make it simple. Make sure that you have gone through every aspect in the prerequisites section above to avoid any misfortunes during this process.
- Download the Hydrogen OS flashable zip file from the downloads section above and transfer it to the root of your device’s storage.
- Boot your device into recovery mode. To do this:
- Switch off your OnePlus One.
- Now press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see the Recovery UI on your device.
- Once you see the Recovery UI, you can let go of the two buttons.
- Now we should do a full wipe on your device. To do this:
- In the recovery menu, tap on Wipe option and select Advanced wipe.
- Check the dalvik-cache, system, data and cache partitions from the list.
- Now swipe the “Swipe to wipe” bar to wipe the selected partitions.
- Navigate back to the recovery main menu. Select Install option.
- Browse and select the downloaded zip file in your phone. Swipe on the “Swipe to confirm flash” button to start flashing the zip file.
- Its takes few minutes to install. Once the installation is finished, click on the Reboot button to reboot your device.
Once the device is rebooted you can start experiencing the beta version of the Hydrogen OS. That’s simple right!
That’s all! Reach us in the comments section below for any queries or assistance regarding the process in the tutorial. Also, do suggest any modifications or additions to this simple guide, your feedback is important to improve our content and services.
If you find our tutorial useful, kindly share this tutorial with others using the share buttons below. Remember, Sharing is Caring!