OnePlus has ended its collaboration with Cyanogen Inc. in an unexpected fashion which put the OS burden on OnePlus team. Responding to the challenge, OnePlus has released its home-bred oxygen OS based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Oxygen OS is super clean & light and seems to be subtle while it has restored its useful features like screen off gestures, short-cuts to flash light etc. It’s not much of a bump from the CyanogenMod but it’s features will definitely put stock Android to shame.
OnePlus team has assured timely updates to the OnePlus One users and also shared their vision to focus on improving the performance and battery life of the device. If you want to keep your device close to stock but enjoy some cool features, you should give Oxygen OS a try. So, the next thing you would want is to know how to install Oxygen OS on your device. We don’t want to keep you waiting, here is a simple guide to install Oxygen OS on OnePlus One.
Flashing a custom ROM is sometimes hazardous and you might end up with a bricked device in worst case scenario. Your device’s warranty might be void either temporarily or permanently. Even though the practiced method is safe and tested, there might be a chance for misfortunes. So, you alone are responsible for any consequences that might occur during the process. We shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device but we will try our best to provide assistance if you land into any trouble.
- Charge your device above 60% to make sure it doesn’t die in the middle of the process which may be fatal sometimes.
- Your device must have TWRP recovery installed on it. If you haven’t yet installed the TWRP recovery on your device, follow our definitive guide on how to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus One.
- Take a nandroid backup of your device to be on the safer side. If you don’t know how, follow our tutorial here.
Guide: Install Oxygen OS on OnePlus One
- Download the Oxygen OS flashable zip file from the downloads section above and transfer it to the root of your device’s storage.
- Boot your device into recovery mode. To do this:
- Switch off your OnePlus One.
- Now press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see the Recovery UI on your device.
- Once you see the Recovery UI, you can let go of the two buttons.
- Now we should do a full wipe on your device. To do this:
- In the recovery menu, tap on Wipe option and select Advanced wipe.
- Check the dalvik-cache, system, data and cache partitions from the list.
- Now swipe the “Swipe to wipe” bar to wipe the selected partitions.
- Navigate back to the recovery main menu. Select Install option.
- Browse and select the downloaded zip file in your phone. Swipe on the “Swipe to confirm flash” button to start flashing the zip file.
- Its takes few minutes to install. Once the installation is finished, click on the Reboot button to reboot your device.
The first boot might take a tad longer, so don’t panic even if it exceeds 10-15 minutes. Wait patiently until the device is powered up and you see the welcome screen.
You might also like:
That’s all! Reach us in the comments section below for any queries or assistance regarding the process in the tutorial. Also, do suggest any modifications or additions to this simple guide, your feedback is important to improve our content and services.
If you find our tutorial useful, kindly share this tutorial with others using the share buttons below. Remember, Sharing is Caring!