Samsung is popular for its Galaxy range of Android smartphones which come with cutting edge specs and great performance. Apart from the hardware of the devices, Samsung is very keen about the software and security in their devices. A few years back, Samsung has implemented the KNOX security system in their smartphones to regulate the unauthorized software tampering on the smartphones. KNOX on Galaxy devices detects the unauthorized firmware flashing by tripping the KNOX security bit when flashing a firmware illegally. This would immediately suspend your device’s warranty which is important if you want to claim service for free.
Samsung’s this year’s flagship Galaxy S6/S6 Edge devices are immensely popular for their great looks and premium build quality. Both the models have cutting-edge specs which would put our PCs to shame but people like us would always want more. Rooting your device will give the privileged root access on your device, with which you can take advantage of root apps and other tinkering tools. However, most of the Galaxy S6 users might take a step back due to KNOX security which will void the warranty if breached.But don’t worry, here is a simple tutorial on how to root Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge without voiding KNOX. In this tutorial, PingPongRoot tool is used to root the device and it will not trip the KNOX counter. Thanks to idler1984 and his assistant members for their wonderful work. This method has proved to be successful for the below builds:
You can check the list of supported firmware for Pingpongroot tool from the official PingPongRoot tool page.
Rooting a device and installing custom modules is deemed hazardous and you might end up with a bricked device in worst case scenario. You alone are responsible for the consequences, we won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device even though we’re confident that the process works and is tested by many users. However, you can reach us for assistance in the comments section.
- Charge your device above 60% to make sure it doesn’t die in the middle of the process which may be fatal sometimes.
- Make a backup of everything on your device so that you can restore the files if something goes wrong. Here’s the usual checklist:
- PingPong Root tool → Download Link
Step-By-Step Installation Guide
- Download Pingpongroot apk file from the above downloads section and transfer it to the device using USB cable.
- To enable installation of APK’s from unknown sources on your device, go to Settings » Security » Enable unknown sources.
- Open the file manager to select the APK file and install it on your device.
- Once the installation is completed, then open the app from the app drawer.
- It will prompt you to install SuperSU app, install the app.
- Tap on the Download data button. Make sure you have an active data connection.
- Enable Airplane mode on your device once the data is updated.
- Now tap on the Get root! button. A prompt will appear for root permissions. Select Allow it option.
- Once the device is rooted, reboot the device.
- To verify if the device is rooted or not, install the below app and open it to verify.
That’s simple right. Since no custom recovery was installed no Odin flashing, the KNOX counter remains intact and will not void your device warranty.
That’s all! Reach us in the comments section below for any queries or assistance regarding the process in the tutorial. Also, do suggest any modifications or additions to this simple guide, your feedback is important to improve our content and services.
If you find our tutorial useful, kindly share this tutorial with others using the share buttons below. Remember, Sharing is Caring!