Android is the most admired mobile operating system that is growing rapidly even in the remote corners of the world. Apart from the customization capabilities of Android, the most awe-inspiring thing is the hard-coded Google services integration. Google is the most used search engine which also hosts many apps and services like Gmail, Maps, Google+ and many more. In one sentence, you can say that Google services forms the soul of Android which runs it from inside.
Once you link your Google account on your Android device, all you information will be shared among various devices you own. The Google service framework will sync all your data and download it on all the devices you own. Sometimes, especially on weak network, the sync services won’t be working properly and you’ll be left in vain. However, it’s quite easy to trigger the sync manually from the Android settings menu.
So, whenever you lost the data on your device or wiped it completely, you can add your Google account and manually sync the necessary data like Contacts, calendar events etc… So, here’s how to sync contacts on Android device with your Gmail account.
How To Sync Gmail Contacts On Android
Well syncing contacts with Gmail account is not a rocket science, so be relaxed and follow the below simple step by step process.
- Open the App Drawer and navigate to Settings, then tap on the ‘Accounts’ menu.
- If you’ve already linked your Gmail account on your Android device, you can skip the next three steps.
- If you’re freshly setting up everything, choose “Add account” button and select Google option to sign-in.
- Enter the Email ID, password and tap on the “Accept” button. In case, if you don’t have a Gmail account then tap on the Create button to create a new account.
- Now the device will download your account information and it depends on the speed of your data connection, so sit and relax until the process is done.
- In case if it’s not automatically syncing, enable the sync contacts option.
- To do this, tap on your Google account in the Accounts menu. Now tap on the three vertical dots at the top left corner and press ‘Sync now’ button. You can also choose what to sync from the menu in your account page.
Share your Experience
If you like this post and want to share your experience, feel free to share it with everyone using the comments box below. We absolutely love to hear your opinion and any suggestions or tips that might help us and our readers. Remember sharing is caring.