In the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow update, MTP doesn’t work. As said above Google always tries to either add or remove the existing features in its updates. However, nothing is impossible in this Android world. There is a possible solution for each problem.
What is MTP?
MTP means ‘Media Transfer Protocol’ has replaced the existing USB Mass Storage. MTP is used in the previous version the Android Marshmallow. When you connect an Android device to your PC then it shows as a media device and you can start exploring those files through it.
If your device is running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, then must have root access and a third party app called MTP Enabler. Thanks to the developer bistra for automating the process of enabling the MTP. You can either make the app switch directly to MTP or place the MTP enabler widget on your home screen and tap on it to connect the device to your PC.
How To Use MTP Mode on 6.0 Marshmallow With MTP Enabler
Before proceeding further make sure you have the root access on your Android device. For more details on rooting visit our rooting guides section.
- Download the MTP Enabler from the above download section.
- Now go to Settings › Security. Toggle the button to ON to allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
- Install the app on your Android device which you have downloaded from the above download section.
- Launch MTP Enabler app and select the default action to MTP.
- Place the MTP Enabler widget on your device home screen. Tap on the widget to connect your phone to PC.
That’s all! Reach us in the comments section below for any queries or assistance regarding the process in the tutorial. Also, do suggest any modifications or additions to this simple guide, your feedback is important to improve our content and services.
If you find our tutorial useful, kindly share this tutorial with others using the share buttons below. Remember, Sharing is Caring!