Xiaomi’s MiUI is a strong contender in the Android marketplace. In terms of popularity of Custom ROMs, it places just second after the famous CyanogenMod builds. About 60% of the Android devices have either an official or an unofficial build of MiUI on their devices which shows the immense popularity of this custom Android interface. The sweetness and easy-to-use UI of MiUI provide more productivity in less time. I’ve personally been a hardcore MiUI user, and totally appreciate the number of features and low bloatware. However, like any other Chinese OEM’s skins, MiUI doesn’t come preloaded with Google Services which means you need to install Google Play Store on MiUI manually.
Well, not only Play Store, the MiUI doesn’t have any of the Google services we use in our daily tasks. This is a total deal breaker since the Play Store is the major hub for all the awesome apps for Android. In this simple guide, we will be taking a look at how you can easily install Google Play Store on MiUI devices including all the required services. While this is suggested only for devices running MiUI, the following procedure works just fine for any other device which lacks this functionality. Without any further delay, let’s get right into it and install Play Store on MiUI devices.
- An Android device running (preferably) the latest version of MiUI.
- An Android device which already lacks Google Play Services and the Play Store. Note that installing this over the existing services might cause force close errors.
- You also need to enable ‘Unknown Sources‘ from Settings » Security, since this is what will allow you to install from a third-party source.
- Finally, but most importantly, you need the actual installer file. This comes in as a stand-alone application, which is in the form of an APK file. Once installed, it will provide you further on-screen details to install the actual deal. Google Installer APK.
Install Play Store on MiUI Devices
With all the above requirements fulfilled, you can follow the steps with caution, in order to make the most out of Google Play Services on your MiUI device.
- Once you’ve downloaded and transferred the Google Installer APK file from above, use the file manager to quickly navigate it and open it up.
- Install it as a normal APK file, by tapping on the ‘Install‘ button.
- Fire up the application, and you will notice not only get the Google Play Store there, but also a bunch of Google’s own application. That’s sweet!
- If you wish to only install the Google Play Store (what we recommend), and then install other services later on, just tap on the ‘Install’ button next to the Play Store.
- This process might take some time, and once done, reboot your MiUI device for best performance.
That’s been it. If this works fine for you, then make sure that you stay tuned to our network for more such nifty tricks. If you have any queries, then hit us down in the comments section below.