OnePlus X is an ultimate smartphone for the price tag it bears and stands beside many top-edge devices. Rooting is one of the essential task for any Android enthusiast who love to enjoy the ultimate power on their device. Earlier this week, we’ve seen how to unlock its bootloader, and flash TWRP recovery on the OnePlus X. The series of post has now been completed with the latest Root exploit we now have via SuperSU!
So, set back and relax while we demonstrate you all how to root OnePlus X without much intellect or resources. Before you proceed with the below guide, make sure you have already installed the TWRP recovery on your OnePlus X.
Rooting a device and installing custom modules is deemed hazardous and you might end up with a bricked device in worst case scenario. Warranty may be void of your device either temporarily or permanently if you follow the procedure in this tutorial. You alone are responsible for the consequences, we won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device even though we’re confident that the process works and is tested by many users. However, you can reach us for assistance in the comments section.
- Charge your device above 60% to make sure it doesn’t die in the middle of the process which may be fatal sometimes.
- Make a backup of everything on your device so that you can restore the files if something goes wrong. Here’s the usual checklist:
- Install proper drivers on your PC. If you haven’t installed them already, you can follow our detailed USB driver installation guide.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot files on your PC. If you don’t know how, follow our detailed guide on how to setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Prepare your device:
- Enable developer options: Go to your device’s Settings » About phone » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Go to your device’s Settings » Developer options » tick the “USB debugging” check-box (sometimes listed as Android Debugging)
- Download the latest SuperSU ZIP file for OnePlus X → Download Link
Step-By-Step Installation Guide
Now all you need to do is to flash the SuperSU binary from the custom recovery to root your device. If you don’t know how, follow the step-by-step from below.
- Download the latest SuperSU zip from the downloads section and transfer it to your device’s storage.
- Now boot your device into the recovery mode. To do this:
- Switch off your OnePlus X device.
- Now press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see the recovery mode on your device.
- Now that you’re in recovery, it’s best to make a nandroid backup of your device. If you’re not sure of the procedure, follow our definitive guide on how to take a nandroid backup on various recoveries.
- In the recovery, tap the Install ZIP button and select the SuperSU zip to flash it. For more detailed instruction for flashing zips on different recoveries, follow our definitive guide here.
- Once the SuperSU zip is flashed, reboot your device by selecting the Reboot system option from the recovery menu.
- To verify if the device is rooted or not, install the below app and open it to verify.
That’s all! Reach us in the comments section below for any queries or assistance regarding the process in the tutorial. Also, do suggest any modifications or additions to this simple guide, your feedback is important to improve our content and services.
If you find our tutorial useful, kindly share this tutorial with others using the share buttons below. Remember, Sharing is Caring!