Microsoft is planning wisely and implementing its strategies with cross-platform compatibility for its apps and services. To that end, the latest operating system, Windows 10 will work with Android to sync and make content available to all devices simultaneously. This is what you call an excellent and well-thought-out strategic planning.
Most of us have been using the traditional way to sync Android device with desktop or laptop. It may be for data transfer or for the settings it’s a cool and awesome feature. Microsoft has been providing sync capabilities to support most of the devices even in its previous versions. But in Windows 10 it has gone something beyond.
How to sync your Android with Windows 10
The days are gone and you don’t need to plug-in the device every time. Its cloud time now. All you need to do is just download Windows Phone Companion app from the below download section and install it on your PC. Also, you need to have working Microsoft live account. Make sure that app is installed properly on your PC. Let’s start our step by step guide on how to connect and sync your Android with Windows 10.
- Install the device drivers on your PC. Connect your Android device to your PC via USB cable. Your PC should detect the device automatically.
- Download and install the Windows Phone Companion app from the above download section. Launch the app on your PC. Select the device platform whether it may be Android, iOS or Windows.
- Now select OneDrive.
- Enter the Microsoft live account id, password and tap on the Sign-in button.
- Once you are logged in, you will receive a download link to your email. This download link takes you to the app for download.
- Download and install the app on your device. Launch the app and type the login credentials. Give the basic permissions for it to run at full functionality.
- Now go to your PC and check on the confirmation box to acknowledge your device connection with PC.
- Next confirm the camera upload settings on your handset, and tap the Done button.
Now you can sync the data from your phone to Windows 10 PC. That’s it. Isn’t it simple?
Share your Experience
If you like this post and want to share your experience, feel free to share it with everyone using the comments box below. We absolutely love to hear your opinion and any suggestions or tips that might help us and our readers. Remember sharing is caring.