The OnePlus X is the best budget orientated Android device we’ve ever seen. You get a lot for the $250 that you pay, and much more when you actually have the device in-hand. Despite the hate grown over the OnePlus 2 by many people, OnePlus has once again proved that a great device needn’t be expensive.
But what is an Android device when it hasn’t been rooted yet? Since this device is brand new, there are no root exploits available, but the first step in mastering your Android device is always essential, and by performing this task, you’ll be ready to move on with rooting your OnePlus X. So, what are you waiting for, here is an in-depth guide on how to unlock OnePlus X bootloader.
Unlocking the bootloader on the device is deemed hazardous and you might end up with a bricked device in worst case scenario. Warranty may be void of your device either temporarily or permanently if you follow the procedure in this tutorial. You alone are responsible for the consequences, we won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device even though we’re confident that the process works and is tested by many users. However, you can reach us for assistance in the comments section.
- Charge your device above 60% to make sure it doesn’t die in the middle of the process which may be fatal sometimes.
- Make a backup of everything on your device so that you can restore the files if something goes wrong. Here’s the usual checklist:
- Install proper drivers on your PC. If you haven’t installed them already, you can follow our detailed USB driver installation guide.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot files on your PC. If you don’t know how, follow our detailed guide on how to setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Prepare your device:
- Enable developer options: Go to your device’s Settings » About phone » Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging: Go to your device’s Settings » Developer options » tick the “USB debugging” check-box (sometimes listed as Android Debugging)
Step-By-Step Installation Guide
Unlocking the bootloader on the OnePlus X would wipe the entire device, so it’s important that you take a thorough backup of your device before proceeding with this guide.
- Connect your OnePlus X to the PC using a USB cable and make sure it’s detected. If not make sure that you’ve installed proper USB drivers and enabled USB debugging.
- Once detected, tap on the USB icon in the notifications panel and select MTP file transfer mode.
- Open the command prompt in the PC and type the below command:
- To confirm that your device is recognized by ADB, a message will appear “List of devices attached” along with your device serial number.
- Once you find your device’s serial number appearing in the message then type the below command in the command prompt to reboot into fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the below command to unlock the bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock
That’s it. You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your OnePlus X.
That’s all! Reach us in the comments section below for any queries or assistance regarding the process in the tutorial. Also, do suggest any modifications or additions to this simple guide, your feedback is important to improve our content and services.
If you find our tutorial useful, kindly share this tutorial with others using the share buttons below. Remember, Sharing is Caring!